After your loved one has died, the last thing many want to think about is the steps that need to be taken to distribute their assets according to their wishes. Estate Administration and the Confirmation process are matters that do need to be dealt with. If you have been appointed as Executor in your loved one’s Will – then you, and the other executors, are responsible for ensuring this is done. At this time of loss, Friends Legal can step in to take away that stress, dealing with the Courts and all the administrative tasks involved in winding up an estate.
Our full estate administration service
If you chose to instruct us to carry out all the estate administration tasks for you, we will do everything necessary to ensure your loved one’s assets are dealt with as set out in their Will, or in accordance with Scottish law. Our comprehensive service is particularly helpful if there are likely to be complex matters arising during the estate administration, such as a potential Legal Rights claim. By instructing us to be by your side from start to finish, you can be assured that we will take as much care as you would in ensuring that your loved one’s wishes are honoured.
This service includes:
- Identifying and investigating what is included in your loved one’s Estate;
- Obtaining valuations of both the assets and the debts;
- Preparing an Inventory of the Estate assets;
- Drafting the Confirmation application, along with any forms concerning potential Inheritance Tax due.
- Obtaining Executor approval and signature;
- Lodging with Court to obtain the grant of Confirmation. If there is no Will, the Confirmation application is lodged only after the Petition has been granted by the Court appointing the Executor and a Bond of Caution is obtained from a reputable insurer, if required;
- Ingathering the assets of the Estate;
- Settling all estate debts;
- Preparing an Executry account and dealing with any queries arising;
- Distributing the net Estate to beneficiaries either in terms of the Will, or in accordance with Scots’ law, if there is no Will;
- Obtaining receipts and discharges (if appropriate) for the Executors.
The difference is clear, every step of the way.
We won’t make a difficult time any more confusing or expensive than it should be. We offer transparent and fair pricing with no hidden fees. Our accessible, friendly team of experts are passionate about working alongside you through every stage of this emotional process.
Pricing for Administration of the Full Estate
|Estate up to £100,000
|Estate between £100,000 and £200,000
|Estate between £200,000 and £325,000
|Estate between £325,000 and £650,000
|Estate above £650,000
|Price on Application
We always endeavour to keep to the fixed prices stated, but we reserve the right to increase our fee if a case is unusually complex or where a large number of beneficiaries are involved. Any increased fees will also be fixed.
For more information about our Full Estate Administration service, or any of our Afterlife products, please contact our team, who will take the initial details of the Estate and recommend the best product for you and your loved ones. We provide a wide variety of ways to contact the team and our opening hours span more than the usual 9-5 – so you can get in touch at a time and in a way that suits you.