If your eyesight has suffered as a result of lens replacement surgery or as a result of a faulty or damaged lens, our specialist lens replacement surgery claims lawyers can help. More and more high street providers are offering lens replacement surgery, and what used to be a medical procedure carried out only by experienced specialists, has now become a high-street consumer product. As a result, the number of claims brought against major high-street retailers such as Optical Express, Ultralase, Optimax, Optegra and Accuvision has increased dramatically in the last decade.
We have a specialist eye injury team who deal with these cases day in day out across the UK, bringing claims for clients who have suffered an injury as a result of medical negligence and can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
To discuss your specific circumstances with the specialist team here at Friends Legal, call us now on 0141 442 0610 or complete our online enquiry form and we will get back to you right away. We’re here to help.
Lens Replacement Surgery Claims Lawyers
Lens replacement surgery is an ophthalmic vision correction procedure, routinely offered by high-street providers. The procedure is attractive because when successful, it can remove the need for contact lenses or glasses. Although there is a high number of successful cases, lens replacement surgery can go wrong in a number of ways. If you have suffered an injury as a result of lens replacement surgery or your eyesight has been made worse, we can help you make a claim for compensation. We may be able to work with you on a no-win, no fee basis.
What can I make a claim for?
We routinely assist clients in making claims against lens replacement surgery providers where they suffer the following complications as a result of lens replacement surgery, laser treatment and faulty lenses:
- Full or partial vision loss
- Double vision that does not go away
- Discomfort caused by the lens rubbing on the cornea
- Eye dryness which is excessive
- Eyelids drooping
- Sensitivity to light
- Poor vision at night
- Retinal detachment
Under what circumstances can I make a claim?
In order to bring a claim for compensation in relation to lens replacement surgery, it must be proven that the professional who carried out your surgery was negligent in doing so, or that the product that was fitted was damaged or faulty. We help clients bring claims under the following circumstances:
- The professional has fitted a faulty lens
- The surgeon was negligent during surgery
- You have been fitted with the wrong type of lens
- The surgeon has failed to consider the pre-surgery eye prescription
- The surgeon has not taken into account any existing eye condition
- You are an unsuitable patient for the surgery, but it has been carried out anyway.
- The practitioner was not qualified to carry out the surgery
- The practitioner failed to tell you about the risks and alternatives to the surgery
- The aftercare fell below an acceptable standard
We understand that this can be confusing, but our specialists can help you understand what happened to you and advise you as to whether your claim has a good chance of succeeding.
Lack of Informed Consent in Lens Replacement Surgery
Even where your practitioner has done everything correctly during the procedure, where they failed to inform you about the risks of the surgery, and you suffered an injury, you may still have a claim for lack of informed consent.
Making a Lens Replacement Surgery Claim
An eye injury can have a serious impact on not just your life, but the lives of your loved ones too. As a result, it is essential that you are fully compensated for your losses. When you contact Friends Legal, we will guide you through your claim with efficiency and understanding. Our solicitors make the process as straightforward as possible so that you can focus on getting your life back on track. We can help with:
- Laser Eye Surgery Claims against Optical Express
- Laser Eye Surgery Claims against Optmax
- Laser Eye Surgery Claims against Ultralase
- Laser Eye Surgery Claims against Optegra
- Laser Eye Surgery Claims against Accuvision
This list is not exhaustive, and if you have suffered as a result of lens replacement surgery carried out by any practitioner, we can help you get the maximum compensation owed to you.
How Much Compensation Could I Claim for a Lens Replacement Surgery Injury?
We strive to get you the maximum compensation owed to you for your injury, without unnecessary delays. We have exceptional experience in dealing with insurers and will pursue your claim as efficiently as possible. There are a number of things we will ensure you are fully compensated for in your settlement, including:
- Loss of earnings and future earnings
- Compensation for your injury
- Care costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Private medical treatment costs
- Out of pocket expenses such as pain medication or transport to medical appointments
- Interim compensation payments
- Cost of any adaptations to your home, or costs of relocation where this is necessary
- Cost of adapting your vehicle
- Transport costs
- Legal and case management costs
- Compensation for dependants of carers
- Cost of any financial or other professional advice you have taken as a result of this change to your circumstances.
This list is not exhaustive, and we will explore every way in which you have suffered loss or may suffer loss in the future. To discuss your claim with our specialists, get in touch with our team today. We are ready to assist you.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Assessment & Advice from Our Specialist Eye Team
At Friends Legal, we have a specialist eye injury team who deal with these cases regularly across the UK, bringing claims against laser eye surgery providers such as Optical Express, Ultralase, Optimax, Optegra and Accuvision We understand the impact your injury may have had on your life, and we will work hard to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. We act with efficiency, and continually push forward with your case, keeping you informed at every stage.