If you have had laser eye surgery with Optical Express and suffered an injury as a result, our laser eye surgery claims lawyers can help you make a claim for compensation. We have helped many clients make claims for laser eye surgery, lens replacement surgery and associated injuries, and we can help you too. Optical Express offer what was once a highly specialist medical procedure at an attractive consumer price, and as a result claims against Optical Express are on the rise.
At Friends Legal, we have a specialist eye injury team who deal with these cases day in day out across the UK, bringing claims against Optical Express on behalf of those that have suffered an injury as a result of medical negligence. We can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Making a Laser Eye Surgery Claim Against Optical Express
We understand that at this stage, the thought of bringing a claim for compensation may seem daunting, but we strive to make the process as straightforward as possible for you. As a result of our experience in handling laser eye surgery claims , and in negotiating with insurers, such cases rarely go to court. This means we can get you the maximum settlement owed to you without delay, so you can move on with your life.
To bring a claim for compensation in relation to laser surgery, we will need to prove that the professional who carried out your surgery was negligent in doing so. We can help clients bring claims under the following circumstances:
- The surgeon has not taken into account an existing eye condition
- You are an unsuitable patient for the surgery, but it has been carried out anyway.
- The practitioner was not qualified to carry out the surgery
- The practitioner failed to tell you about the risks and alternatives to the surgery
- The aftercare fell below an acceptable standard
- The professional has fitted a faulty or defective lens
- The surgeon was negligent during surgery
- You have been fitted with the wrong type of lens
- The surgeon has failed to consider the pre-surgery eye prescription
It may be difficult for you to understand what has happened to you fully, but when you contact our team, we will take the time to listen to you and understand whether you can bring a claim.
Lack of Informed Consent, Optical Express
Even where your practitioner has done everything properly during the procedure, if they failed to inform you about the risks of the surgery properly and you suffered an injury, you may be able to bring a claim. This is known as a lack of informed consent.
What Types of Injuries or Conditions Can I Bring a Claim For?
We often help clients to bring a claim against Optical Express, where they suffer the following complications:
- Full or partial vision loss
- Discomfort caused by the lens rubbing on the cornea
- Eye dryness which is excessive
- Eyelids drooping
- Double vision that does not go away
- Sensitivity to light
- Poor vision at night
- Retinal detachment
This list is not exhaustive, if you have suffered an injury following laser eye surgery or lens replacement surgery with Optical Express, seek professional advice from our solicitors.
Making a Lens Replacement Surgery Claim Against Optical Express
Many cases of lens replacement surgery are successful; however, lens replacement surgery can go wrong in several ways with devastating consequences.
If you have suffered an injury as a result of lens replacement surgery carried out by Optical Express, we can help you make a claim for compensation. We often work with clients on a no-win, no-fee basis, and we will discuss this option with you when you contact us.
How Much Compensation Could I Claim from Optical Express?
Our lawyers at Friends Legal strive to get you the maximum compensation owed to you. We have decades of experience in dealing with insurers and will pursue your claim as efficiently as possible. There are a number of things we will ensure you are fully compensated for in your settlement, including:
- Loss of earnings and future earnings
- Compensation for your injury
- Care costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Private medical treatment costs
- Compensation for dependants of carers
- Cost of any financial or other professional advice you have taken as a result of this change to your circumstances.
- Out of pocket expenses such as pain medication or transport to medical appointments
- Interim compensation payments
- Cost of any adaptations to your home, or costs of relocation where this is necessary
- Cost of adapting your vehicle
- Transport costs
- Legal and case management costs
To discuss your claim with our specialists, get in touch with our team today. We are ready to assist you.
Contact Us for a Free Initial Assessment & Advice from Our Specialist Eye Team
We have a specialist eye injury team who deal with these cases day in day out across the UK, bringing claims against laser eye surgery providers such as such Ultralase, Optimax, Optegra and Accuvision. We understand the impact your injury may have had on your life, and we will fight to get you the maximum compensation you are owed. We act with efficiency, and continually push forward with your case, keeping you informed at every stage.
To get started with your claim today, contact us today by calling 0131 357 6261 or complete our online enquiry form and a member of our dedicated team will get back to you right away. We're here to help.